No Compromise On Those Who Desecrate Mosques, Places Of Worship
27 JAN 2010 (Bernama)
PUTRAJAYA, Jan 27 (Bernama) -- The Home Ministry will not compromise on any attempts to desecrate mosques and places of worship, Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein said.
"We have shown that we will not compromise on this matter. We have shown in the last incidents, whether it involves attacks on mosques or churches, that we are serious about this," he told reporters after witnessing the signing of a memorandum of understanding between the ministry and the Security Services Association of Malaysia here Wednesday.
He was commenting on the dumping of four severed heads of wild boars at two mosques in Petaling Jaya Wednesday morning.
Hishammuddin said the incidents could be the work of individuals who were out to create chaos and racial conflicts in the country.
Issuing a stern warning against those taking advantage of the incidents, he said he hoped that the public would not be taken in by the irresponsible acts.
He added that Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Musa Hassan had been ordered to get into the field and monitor the investigations into the matter.
Asked whether police had obtained any lead into the case, Hishammuddin said they were still investigating.
On blogger Aduka Taruna, who allegedly insulted the late Sultan Iskandar in his blog, Hishammuddin said the issue of releasing him did not arise although the blogger had apologised.
"He will have to be brought before the court," he said, adding that police were also investigating several cases in collaboration with the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission and CyberSecurity Malaysia.